So you've made the decision to sell. And by now you've probably heard about staging your home- declutter, clean, & de- personalize... But have you considered the little touches to showcase what makes your house a home? In addition to keeping your house clean & show- ready, make sure you showcase the merits of how warm & cozy your house can be. Help potential buyers not only see how beautiful of a house you have, provide them with visual cues to help them envision what it would be like to live there.
Since we are well into Spring and have the Easter long weekend to look forward to, consider how you can further set your house apart from the competition: Bring some seasonal touches into your home.
Some inexpensive suggestions:
- Vases of bulbs, such as tulips, daffodils, & hyacinths make beautiful arrangements and help bring the outside in
- Consider your colour pallette: use accents such as pillows, candles, & other accessories to freshen the look of your home
- Set your kitchen and/ or dining room table as if it were ready for entertaining company; help potential buyers feel like they've been invited into your home as guests
- Arrange some inexpensive planters of annuals by your entryway, front door, etc to make a good first impression and add a splash of colour & curb appeal
- Add special touches such as fresh Spring flowers, candles, and accent towels in bathrooms to give them a spa- like feel
- Remove any decor & accessories that are heavy and/ or reminicscent of Winter; think fresh & bright
Image Source: http://www.stonegableblog.com/2011/03/daffodil-table.html